Saturday, August 8, 2009

Welcome to The Cigar Czar

At the behest of my cigar smoking compatriots at Maduro's Cigar Bar in Sarasota, I am beginning this journey. I am a cigar smoker, some would say fanatical in my pursuit of the ultimate cigar experience, I would say just a guy who likes a good smoke. Some would say I am a cigar elitist or snob, I would say I am neither, instead I am a guy with a decent palate that likes a good cigar on a daily basis.

I have been smoking cigars since I was 13 years old, when I caddied for a gentlemen that believed it was good luck if his caddy smoked with him. Since that first green around the gills experience I have been hooked. Through college I smoked to my budget, through the boom I smoked what I could get and now I smoke a variety of cigars and average 3 per day.

I have always written reviews in countless notebooks throughout the years, recently I have been giving verbal reviews and that led to some of my smoking friends encouraging me to partake in this endeavor...this is for them.

I will review each cigar I smoke and I will provide my notes on taste, appearance, construction and strength. I will assign a score of 70-100 for each category; 70 below average, 80 average, 90 above average, 100 excellent. After years of smoking this is the scoring system that I have concluded works best for fairly rating each cigar. I will finish each rating with an overall rating score based on the aggregate.

Of course I invite comments from the people that may read this. I may even post some guest reviews and other fun items along the way. Without further adieu I give you The Cigar Czar.

No comments:

Post a Comment