Sunday, October 18, 2009

Partagas Culebras (2006 Box Date)

This is a vitola that I have always wanted to experience. These come bundled together in sets of three cigars, for my birthday I was given one and shared it with two of my closest friends. The long, curly presentation reminds me of a vine or the crooked finger of an animated witch. There are no flaws in the wrapper and the cigar appears to be well made. The pre light aroma is leathery with hints of spice. The pre light draw is smooth and even, which surprises me because of the twists and turns in the body of the smoke, and has notes of tobacco, spice and leather.

The cigar begins with a profile of leather and earth. The weird vitola draws exceptionally well and booms out billowing pillows of smoke. The burn is also surprisingly sharp, despite the fact that it juts at a forty five degree angle up and away from my mouth. The cigar maintains this status until the halfway point.

In the second half of the cigar the crooks and turns straighten a little, I can only assume that the heat helps this process. The profile is still of leather and earth, but there is some light spice and a satisfying nicotine tingle. The burn and draw have continued to perform well above what I expected from this strange vitola.

The finish is smooth and long with notes of spice, earth and leather.

Appearance- 98 just look at one of these and you will be entertained and wonder how they do it
Taste- 91 a nice solid profile that could use more depth and complexity
Construction- 100 the only score possible for a cigar that performs this well after being twisted and turned
Strength- 90 a nice medium/full smoke
Overall- 94.75 this cigar was the most smoking fun I have had in quite some time

No comments:

Post a Comment